Valentine's Day ❤️ can bring up many different feelings in people. For some, it is a chance to celebrate the love they have for their special someone (although this should be done every day...but I digress). For some, it is a grim reminder that they do not have a special someone in their lives.
I'm no relationship guru, but trust me when I say that when you do find that special someone, it will have been worth the wait!
But this day doesn't have to be about anything else other than love in general. Not only love for your partner, but also love for your kids, your pets, your life, but mostly, love for yourself.
Today, let's take a quick look at 14 ways you can show love for yourself.
1) Get enough sleep - Many of us underestimate just how important sleep is. I know how full your schedule is and how long your to-do list most likely is. But you won't be able to do those things effectively or achieve your goals if you run out of fuel. And the best way to stay fueled up is to get plenty of sleep.
2) Set boundaries in order to protect your energy - As someone who wears many hats, I know you have a lot of demands put on you on a daily basis. Learn to set boundaries with others so that you can protect your time and your energy.
3) Take time to recharge every single day - Take time to sit and relax for a few minutes every day. This could be a quick afternoon nap, some time sitting with a good book, or a nice hot bath. Choose something that makes you feel good and ready to take on the rest of your day.
4) Do something you love - It's easy to get caught up in the everyday grind, but remember to take time once in a while (preferably every day) to do something you love.
5) Try new things - We all have a list (written or in our heads) of things we want to do or try but we don't always take the time or get the chance to get to this list. Make it a habit to try something new, whether it's a weekly habit or monthly. It's a great way to add some fun and excitement to your life.
6) Release old negative beliefs about yourself - There are tons of ways you can do this. One way I've learned is through tapping (or EFT). Negative beliefs can hold you back from living your best life and releasing those negative beliefs is one of the best ways to move forward toward your ideal life vision.
7) Fuel your body with nutritious + healthy foods - We all know that eating crappy food makes us feel like, well, crap. I guess there's something to be said about the old saying "you are what you eat". If you eat vibrant foods, you'll feel vibrant. There are tons of great resources out there, so find what resonates with you. If you want some ideas, send me an email and I'll do what I can to support you.
8) Use products that aren't full of chemicals - What you put ON your body is just as important as what you put IN your body. Stay away from products that contain harmful chemicals and opt for natural products. No Pong is a great example of this.
9) Move your body - it's so easy to let our busy days go by without much movement, but make a conscious choice to move your body every day. This could be going to the gym, doing yoga, or going out for a walk.
10) Evaluate the quality of your relationships - Loving yourself also means surrounding yourself with people who support you and bring you up rather than tear you down. People who do not make you feel good do not deserve a space in your life. So keep negative people at a distance.
11) Treat yourself to a solo date - Who says you need a partner to go on a date? Take yourself out once in a while. Whether it's a solo coffee date or a movie, go out and have some fun!
12) Upgrade your life - A concept I learned from Denise Duffield-Thomas, author of Get Rich Lucky Bitch and Chill and Prosper, is to take your life from Economy Class to First Class, one small bit at a time. Look at the things around you and ask yourself if you need to upgrade them to first class. For instance, do you curse your old coffee machine every morning? Then maybe it's time to upgrade it to first class.
13) Get help when you need it - Loving yourself doesn't mean doing it all yourself. Whether you need someone to brainstorm solutions to a problem with, or someone to watch the kids for an afternoon, don't be scared to ask for the help you need.
14) Create a life you love - This is no small feat, but with the right tools and support, you can absolutely create the life you've always dreamed of. If you're ready to design your best life, then I invite you to check out the Lifebook Premium program. It's the best tool for designing and living your very best life.
Remember on this Valentine's Day to show love to the most important person in your life - YOU!
How do you show love for yourself? Leave a comment below and let me know! I love reading your thoughts and ideas.
This blog post contains affiliate links. See Earnings Disclaimer for more info.*
Like this post? Pin it!
Join the mailing list!
Get weekly emails from me with inspiring + motivating content!